- Picture Books
– books with stories and artwork for adults to share with
children, preschool – grade 3, generally. These books usually
have words along with illustrations which tell the story together
- Easy Readers
– books written with vocabulary for the beginning reader
–novels, usually chapter books, for children grades 3 -
- True Books
– books with factual information, non-fiction
– – books written about the lives of real people
- Parenting Collection
– books focusing on issues, concerns, and topics of interest
for parents, care givers and adults who work with children from
birth through grade 6
complete unabridged children’s novels on a portable single
- Playaway View–
a portable digital media player preloaded with up to 6 hours of mulitple videos for children, 4 years through 9 years old.
- Popular Paperback Series
- Board Books
– small, easy to hold books of sturdy construction
for parents to share with babies and toddlers
- Graphic Novels
– full length books, non-fiction and fiction,
written in “comic book style” format for children
in grades 2 – 6
- Spanish Language Collection
– books, fiction and non-fiction, written
- Audio Books –
unabridged popular and classic children’s novels on cassette
tape and/or CD
The library has a variety of magazines for children
and adults who work with children
• American Girl,
ages 8 – 12 yrs.
• Babybug, ages 6 months – 2 yrs.
• Discovery Girls, ages 8 – 12 years
• Disney Adventure, ages 8 – 14 yrs.
• Girl’s Life, ages 8 - 12
• High Five, ages 3-6.
• Lego Club, ages 7 and up
• Kiki, ages 8-12
• National Geographic for Kids, ages 8
– 13 yrs. .
• Sports Illustrated for Kids, ages 8 –
• Wild Animal Baby, ages 12 mos. –
Parents and Teachers:
• Family Fun, for families with children
ages 3 – 12 yrs.
• Mail Box, for teachers and parents,
we carry 5 different instructional levels, preschool, K, grade
Grades 2 – 3, Intermediate
• Puppets – dozens
of animal and people hand puppets are available
• Toys – the library has a collection
of educational toys for home use
• Hooked on Phonics Kits – these kits
are designed for parents to help their children improve
their reading skills, a parents kit, as well as, 5 levels of reading
kits, are available for check-out
• Gaming Stations – There is a computer
available with many CD-ROM games for kids, as well as a Play Station 2 gaming console.
• Computers - Three internet computers are available with printing capabilities.
• Adaptive Toys – Toys and learning
devices that have been modified for children with special needs.
• Early Literacy Stations – Computer
stations designed just for young children, 3 years to 8 years of
age, complete with a tiny mouse and color enhanced keyboard with
computer games selected to engage, interest, and teach little
– groups and individuals may contact the Children’s
Room of the library, 492-8354, to schedule
- Library Skills
– groups and individuals may schedule
– we offer assistance to children and adults visiting the
Children’s Room in selecting books to read
- Inter Library
Loan – looking for a book not available
in our library system, let us know and we’ll try to get
the book for you from another library
- Placing Materials
on Hold – if the material you are looking
for is currently being used by another person or is located at
one of our branch locations, let us know, we’ll reserve
a copy for you to pick up in Sidney, or which ever branch you
would like. Or you may place the hold yourself from our on-line
catalog. We will notify you when your item is available for pick-up.
- Teacher Collections
– Teachers are welcome to call the library
at 492-8354 and request a book collection be gathered for them.
Please give us a 7 day notice to select the books.
– We would love the opportunity to come to one of your group
meetings to provide your members with information about the library
and how we can be a benefit for you.